March 19 – Message from Mrs. Harvey on School Closure & TSOL

Mr. Beaugh & Mr. Mascaro

March 19 | A Message & School Closure Notice

Dear Parents and Students,

I want to thank you for the spirit in which everyone has embraced our Teacher Supported Online Learning (TSOL). This is new for everyone and while the administration in its planning tried to think of all contingencies, we are adjusting procedures due to unknowable problems. The great news in all of this is that our students are doing what we asked, which is to continue with their school work. For that I am grateful and sincerely appreciative.

There were fewer technology problems with Moodle this morning when students were checking in, but it was not seamless. We have adjusted the settings again on Moodle to hopefully allow our current procedures to work properly for everyone tomorrow (Friday, March 20). We are going to give it another try, so for the time being, we will continue with established procedures. Students, please be conscientious about checking in with each class so you are not recorded as absent if you are actually being responsible. If the problems persist and we need to alter the directions for attendance check in, we will communicate that immediately. While we are all adjusting to this new platform, I ask for your patience, understanding, and flexibility. Rest assured that your teachers and administrators will do the same. If students are experiencing problems with check in with individual classes, email that teacher directly.

SCHOOL CAMPUS CLOSURE EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MARCH 23:

• CHS had made the decision to completely close all school buildings beginning on Monday, March 23 through April 13. Remember that April 6 – April 13 is our designated Easter break.  TSOL will continue as planned until the start of the Easter break. Administrators, teachers, and all support personnel will be available by email during the day and will respond quickly. In addition, anyone who needs to speak immediately with an administrator or other support staff will be able to call the main CHS school number: 225-383-0397 between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. and then use the directory to be transferred to the specific person needed for assistance. Your call will be returned promptly.
  • The Help Desk will be accessible by email or by phone. If a student does need to have a laptop physically repaired or if a student needs to pick up a loaner, please email Drew Losavio: [email protected] and he will set a time to meet the student at school.
  • School counselors have online office hours. Students needing assistance from a counselor should email the counselor and arrange a time to speak on the phone or through live interaction on the computer.

Each day seems to bring more concerning news forcing changes in our normal, daily routines. What has not changed is the love and concern that all of us, administrators, teachers, coaches, and faculty, have for each member of our community. I look forward to the day when all of our students return to campus. Until then, may God guide us all through this challenging and difficult time.

Ametur Cor Jesu. Loved be the heart of Jesus.

Lisa Harvey
Principal