The Great Chicken Sandwich Battle

Henry Walsh, Staff Writer

Chicken lovers across America have been in the midst of an intense battle between two of the most popular chicken chains in the country: Popeye’s and Chick-Fil-A. This has been so intense that it has gained the attention of the mass media, and has swept up America in an intense debate. When it comes to the battle of the sandwiches, the U.S. is at a stalemate, but what does Catholic High think?

The students and staff have very unique takes on the chicken sandwich. English teacher, Mr. Widdick, said that, “Chick-Fil-A is the better sandwich. The Popeye’s sandwich is too big, and their mayonnaise based sauce is not very good.” However, Reed Stewart ’20 said, “The Popeye’s chicken sandwich is great because of the sauce that comes with it, and the bread for the sandwich is delicious.”

To some people, the Popeyes chicken sandwich blows Chick-Fil-A out the water. However, many people may feel that Chick-Fil-A has much better customer service. Mr. Chustz said that he thinks that the Popeye’s chicken sandwich might be better, but he has a very unique take on the ordeal as a whole. Mr. Chustz said that he thinks that this all might be a viral marketing campaign by the company. He believes that it is possible that Popeye’s is providing an illusion of scarcity to attract more nationwide attention and to put them on top of Chick-Fil-A as a competitor for food and advertisement. An interesting idea behind his theory is that we are the reason that this is happening, and we are the biggest role in this advertisement campaign.

Whether you are team Popeye’s or Chick-Fil-A, we can all agree that America love a good chicken sandwich.